Every 2 seconds someone needs blood. With so much advancement in science which can generate virtually anything but Blood and the only way the accident victims, premature babies, patients undergoing major surgeries get blood is by Blood donation. Blood donation is one of the noblest donation done when alive that saves lives. Only 5% of the population do Blood donation at some point of time in life and a sparse few do it regularly. That leaves the world with a huge demand supply gap.
blooddonors.org.in is an initiative by a few socially conscious people along with more than 25000 noble human beings volunteered to do Blood donation on demand, committed to make a difference in this area. Apart from gathering data of noble volunteers who are ready to donate Blood on demand, we also educate the prospective donors and eradicate their myths about Blood donation. We are planning to conduct Blood donation camps in the days to come across India in partnership with Blood banks and volunteers to encourage Blood donation.
- Blood donation leads to weakness.
- Government hospitals prohibit blood from private Blood Banks.
- Blood Bank is a commercial and profit making activity.
- Women and girls cannot donate blood.
- Blood donation never leads to weakness it moreover brings in new energy.
- According to the NOC issued by the Government of India, government hospitals can take blood from any licensed Blood Bank.
- Blood Bank is completely a no profit, no loss service.
- Any healthy person, weighing more than 45 kgs. and in the age group of 18 to 60 can donate blood irrespective of their gender.
- Universal Donor: O- (negative) group
- Universal Receiver: AB+( positive) group
- Life of Blood Storage:
- Whole Blood : 35 Days
- RBC: 42 Days
- RDP: 5 Days
- FFP and Cryo: 1Year